Friday, November 10, 2017

Elsie Hotpepper & Clod Hopper: Texas Partners In Crime Fighting

A day or two or three ago I was talking to Elsie Hotpepper about her domicile's security upgrade which Elsie brought about due to concern about the recent bout of mass shootings.

This seemed excessive to me.

I recollect a line of a song sung by someone which I sort of remember as...

"Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep"

Or something like that.

I have never owned a gun or felt the need to do so. Worrying about my abode being invaded has never concerned me.

I am probably either moronically naive. Or totally rational. Or somewhere in between.

I have only been to the Hotpepper Hacienda once. The experience was unsettling.

Not unlike flying.

Once one gets past the security gate guard one is then confronted with parking ones vehicle in the designated zone monitored by security cameras. Once parking is approved you are clear to make your way to the Hotpepper Hacienda entry door. You pass through a device that is sort of like the security thing at the airport.

I set the entry security thing off several times.

Eventually I got through security after being reduced to only wearing my swimming suit and a pained expression.

I had been invited to a Hotpepper Hacienda Pool Party so it was not too annoying to find myself ready to swim sooner than I had expected.

Inside the Hotpepper Hacienda one only notices the security cameras and motion detectors when one looks for them. Outside, on the main grounds behind the house, where the pool complex is, the security cameras are more obvious, though somewhat cutely disguised in things like garden gnomes and prickly pear cactus, and welded to the bar and other location in forms like whiskey bottles and table lamps.

The portrait you see at the top is what greets you when you enter the Hotpepper Hacienda.

In that portrait we see Elsie Hotpepper and Clod Hopper in crime fighting mode in some Texas town somewhere.

Haltom City? Midlothian? Grapevine? I don't know. I did not ask. I feared asking too many questions might seem suspicious and set off a security alarm....

No comments: