Friday, November 10, 2017

Misty Cold Wichita Falls Bike Ride To Sikes Lake Priddy Pavilion With No River Rockin'

That is my COLD look you are looking at here. This is not all that different from my HOT look, but with the COLD look a hooded sweatshirt is included.

If you think the air looks a bit misty behind me you are thinking correctly.

A fine mist misted me as soon as I left being under cover to take myself on a bike ride to Sikes Lake. Eventually the mist amped up its thickness to being borderline rain.

In the photo my handlebars and I are stopped at the Priddy Pavilion on the aforementioned Sikes Lake. That is a bridge over water you see in the background. The paved trail which surrounds Sikes Lake crosses over that bridge.

I do not know if when that bridge was built it was built over dry land, with the water added later. I suspect not. I also do not know if the Wichita Falls locals were told this was a signature bridge. Again, I suspect not.

What I do know is Rockin' Sikes Lake Happy Hour Inner Tube Floats at Priddy Pavilion do not take place at this location. Even though it is a real pavilion.

Because, well, unlike another Texas town I can think of, Wichita Falls is significantly saner and does not encourage its people to get wet at an imaginary pavilion on an imaginary island in polluted water. Even though Sikes Lake is not polluted to a Trinity River level of pollution, swimming is not allowed.

Except for the large goose and duck population, and the occasional seagull....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the prairie dog town in wichita falls