Thursday, November 2, 2017

Sunset Circle Trail Ride To Wichita Falls Mount Wichita Mini-Volcano

Yesterday in the late afternoon, early evening time frame, about an hour before the sun made its exit for the day, I decided it might possibly be pleasant to enjoy the balmy first day of November heat with a bike ride to Lake Wichita, with Mount Wichita as the distant goal.

As you can see here, by the time I got to Mount Wichita the sun was setting behind the Wichita Falls pseudo mini-volcano.

I saw no one doing any mountain climbing on Mount Wichita, but I did see dozens of people circulating on the Circle Trail via various means of locomotion.


Prior to arriving at Mount Wichita I arrived at the location of the Lake Wichita floating fishing dock. As you can see wind had the lake being a bit wavy, which causes the dock to oscillate. But that sea sickness inducing oscillation did not stop fishermen from fishing.


And now, nearing the end of last night's bike ride, heading north on a straight section of the Circle Trail.

Holliday Creek looks serene and blue, no longer the raging flood of rapids it was a week or two ago. At this point in last night's bike ride the wind was now working for me, not against me, adding several additional miles per hour to my speed.

The white dot you see towards the middle upper right is an almost full moon. However, even with the moon almost full, I did not detect much post-Halloween lunacy last night...

No comments: